- Keeping a Hand on the Tiller: A Threat-Led Approach to Maritime Cyber Risk, RUSI (8th April 2022). Coauthored with Thomas Scriven.
- To the Frontline and Beyond: How Ransomware’s Operational Details Can Inform Policy and Strategy, The Alert (22nd October 2021).
- Optimising Cyber Security Public–Private Partnerships, RUSI (28th May 2021).
- Europe’s New Sanction Regime Suggests a Growing Cyber Diplomacy Presence, FireEye (6th August 2020).
- Cyber Reserves Are Not a Silver Bullet, War on the Rocks (22nd May 2020).
- What The Wire Can Teach Us About Cyber Security, Digital Shadows (21st April 2020).
- Intelligence Frameworks: 5 Rules for Integrating These Frameworks, Digital Shadows (29th January 2020).
- A Threat Intelligence Analyst’s Guide to Today’s Sources of Bias, Digital Shadows (5th December 2019).
- Leadership in Cyber Security, The Oxford Character Project (28th November 2018).
- Cyber Conflict as an Academic Discipline: It’s Not All Doom-and-Gloom, Council on Foreign Relations (18th September 2018). Coauthored with Monica Kaminska.
- Non-traditional State Actors: New Kids on the Block, Digital Shadows (18th September 2018).
- Bashing Facebook Is Not the Answer to Curbing Russian Influence Operations, Council on Foreign Relations (18th September 2017). Coauthored with Monica Kaminska.
- Getting Intelligence Agencies to Adapt to Life Out of the Shadows, Council on Foreign Relations (5th April 2017).
- “Cyber Security Assemblages” (paper presented at the International Studies Association’s 58th Annual Convention, Baltimore, Maryland, February 22-25 2017).
- “Security Dichotomies in Cyber Security” (paper presented at British International Studies Association 41st Annual International Conference 2016, Edinburgh, UK, June 15-17, 2016). Coauthored with Jantje Silomon.